Another great adventure weekend.
Friday, I went to a military veteran comedy show with a Yale friend. The tickets were given to me last week when I happened to play volleyball with some fellow vets, one of whom happens to be a standup comedian. Nice how that works. The show was at a comedy club inside Universal Studios. As soon as I got there, it felt exactly like being at Univ Studios in Florida last summer. All kinds of great memories came back up - having our first beers before 11 in harry potter land, having mom out for the day by 12, being separated without cell phone assistance from about 4-5pm. What a day for the family vacation books.
Fond memories....
That's butterbeer.....
This park felt amazingly similar, even down to the Bubba Gump.
Saturday was a great day at the farmers market, the beach, and dinner with Grace and Leo again.
Sunday was a 4-summit hike in the Mt Baldy recreation area. It was advertised as an 18 mile hike, I figured that would take about 6-8 hours. It took 12.5. Lonngggg day, but very beautiful and SO great to get outside and just move my legs.
You'll notice the size of the group gets smaller with each summit....haha.
The LA area is actually pretty amazing because of the diversity of environments. Where I was yesterday looked nothing like Joshua tree a few weeks ago. And at the end of the day I got to go back to the beach.
![]() |
| Peak 1 |
![]() |
| Peak 2 - Mt Baldy over my right shoulder |
![]() |
| I'm so pathetic at my gangsta poses that I flashed an "E" on Peak #3. |
![]() |
| Opted for tourist pose for Peak #4. Successful day! |







No comments:
Post a Comment