This weekend was a good mix of family, cemeteries, and volleyball. Totally logical mix.
On Friday, second cousins (cousins once removed?) picked my sad, car-less self up and drove me all the way back to their place in San Pedro. We had a great dinner with their friends at a picnic table right on the ridge overlooking the ocean. Enjoyed sangria and peanut butter brownies while watching flocks of pelicans fly overhead on their way to roosting for the night.
The next day we Grace and Leo graciously drove me all over the peninsula in their typical ball-buster one day only tours - a marine center, brunch, a city street fair, great burger joint.
They even dropped me off at the Hollywood Forever cemetery, where I met some friends to watch Chinatown play on the "big screen" in the middle of the cemetery. Apparently it's the thing to do! People came hours early, standing in line, to get good grass spots and set up a big picnic for the movie.
Today on the way back from a meeting with the pub health doc at UCLA, i FOUND the ice cream sandwich shop that Grace and Leo took us to almost 3 years ago when I was out here last.
And while walking out of Diddy's, I walk into an LA moment....setting up for the premier of "The Savages" at the Westwood Theater across the street. It was only 5pm but there were lots of people already camped out waiting for the stars to arrive. The red carpet was still getting set up. I did a quick google search of the movie's cast and decided I could live without waiting 3+ hours and seeing those folks, so I wandered on home.
No comments:
Post a Comment